Hampta Pass is situated in Manalo region of Himachal Pradesh. Hampta Pass is also one of the popular and enjoyable treks in India. During the trek, you will enjoy different form of nature including meadows, panoramic landscape, dense pine forests, and pristine glacial valleys.
Hampta Pass is easy and is perfect for beginners to have an adventurous experience. It takes 4-5 days to finish the trek and you will reach to an altitude of 14,100 ft.
- Duration : 5 Days
- Grade : Easy To Moderate
- Max Altitude : 14,100 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km : 26 Kms.
The nearest station is Manali and the trip starts from Manali to Chika via Jobra. It takes 2 hours of drive to reach Jobra from Manali. You will start walking from Jobra.Best time to go?
May to Oct are the months when you can plan for this trek.Where to stay?
There will be no proper accommodation on the way for trekkers. If you are going for this trek, you will have to sleep in tents. Most of the companies offering this trek will take care of your stay and meal.
If you are planning for this trek, you need to take care of these important things
- Buy proper trekking shoes that are suitable for snow
- Buy waterproof gloves that can also protect your palms from cold.
- Water bottle and Walking sticks are must. Talk to your trek company if they are providing sticks.
- Carry Rain Coat and Head Torch
- Medical Kit or First-aid Kit is also important.
- Make yourself fit enough to walk 3-4 hours a day with a bag.
Also read: Essentials Things to Carry on a Trek
You will cover around 35 km of distance during the trek. It includes both onward and returning journey.
Time Required: 5 Days
Difficulty level: Easy-Moderate
Maximum Altitude: 4,270 m
Best Time to visit: May to Oct
Daytime temperature: 15°C
Night time temperature: 2°C
Trekking Distance: 26 Kms
Nearest Rail Head: Pathankot
Nearest Airport: Bhuntar 50 km from Manali
Route: Manali - Jobra - Chika - Balu ka ghera - Siagoru, Crossing (Hampta Pass) - Chhatru - Rothang Pass - Manali