Shimla, the spot of attraction for all the vacation-lovers and honeymooners, is the largest and capital city of Himachal Pradesh. Shimla is also known as Simla, is known for its scenic beauty and pleasing climate. It has a hilly landscape covered with eye-catching greenery all around.
Shimla is a chilled place for most of the time of the year with moderately warm during summers. Climatic uniqueness of Shimla, make it the summer capital by British and their favorite heat-escape hub. Shimla also possesses great structural monuments significance. It is a home for a number of buildings, temples, and churches that are styled in Tudorbethan and neo-Gothic architectures dating from the colonial era.
Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the most liked hill stations. It is 342 Km from the capital. Shimla is a fascinating weekend getaway for the people of Delhi and Chandigarh. The weather of Shimla hypnotizing, this is why tourists from across the country come to visit Shimla. Shimla is covered with beautiful peaks, dense forests of Pine, Oak, and Deodar trees which makes it an attractive tourist destination.
After Murree the northeastern city of Rawalpindi, Shimla was declared as the summer capital of British in 1864. Later, it became the capital of Punjab port-Independence. Thereafter, it was made the capital of Himachal Pradesh. Now, it is the primary commercial, cultural and educational center of the state. The area consisted of small hamlets prior to 1815 when British forces took control of the area. Its climatic conditions were admired by the British and led them to establish the city inside the dense forest of Himalayas.
Belonging to Himachal Pradesh and serving as a capital, Shimla possesses the culture derived from Himachal Pradesh. Here, people are mostly found as Hindus or Buddhists. They have their common languages like Hindi, Punjabi, Pahari, Kangiri, Dongri, and Kinnauri.
FUN THINGS TO DO
- The main purpose of the people visiting the place is the experience the snow-world that nature offers. With the start of winter Shimla becomes heaven for Snow-fall lovers. You can hit the snow, enjoy the amazing snow-ball fight with friends and family and click photos storing the cherishing memories.
- You can travel around the snow-clad town and have fun with the winter-sports, trekking or hiking through the mountains. Explore into the Shimla Winter Carnival held during the winter that offers various activities like skiing, building snowmen, and witnessing several other events.
- Shimla is a good adventure spot during the snow-cleared seasons too. You have the wide choices of paragliding, hiking, camping, trekking, etc., to entertain yourself.
- Enjoy the sight-seeing destinations of Shimla that can make your day. Shimla provides several historical and culturally important structures that you can admire.
- Mall Road of Shimla
- Ridge-It is the most popular attraction that is located on the Mall road.
- Toy Train to Kalka
- Kufri- The place which is covered with snow almost all the year-round.
- Jakhoo Temple
- Chail- Located to 2250 m above the sea-level, this place is known as a hikers’ paradise.
- The Indian Institute of Advanced studies- It is a perfect example of a majestic structure that is made with Victorian-style architecture.
- Christ Church
- Green Valley- As the name goes, this place is a God’s gift packed with never-ending greenery.