Thinking about Mumbai, the most exciting thing that comes to our mind is its beaches. Mumbai is an island surround by a number of beaches. This contributes to the crowd visiting beaches in Mumbai all year round. It is becoming hard to find any clean and less crowded beach in Mumbai. It isn't that tough to get one though! Located to the Dharavi bhet of Mumbai Suburban, there is a less crowded island of Mumbai- Manori. Known for its beaches and creek, the island is also filled with lots of resorts. You can reach Manori within one and half hour of time from Mumbai city. It is less known to Mumbaikars. If you want to mellow your feet and spend quality time with your family within a short period of time, Manori is an excellent solution.
This island has similarities to popular Koliwada as people here have fishing as their occupation. People living here are Kolis and have their common languages as Marathi or Koli. They are greatly known for their occupation as they effectively brought up the culture as fishermen of Mumbai. They have a rich history as aboriginal fishing and are known as original residents of Mumbai. You can see the common festivals celebrated by them like Narali Pornima, fish festivals, etc. This place is also known as ‘Mini-Goa’ because of the culture and atmosphere has so many similarities to that of Goa.
Attractions at Manori
- One of the beautiful attractions of Manori is its beaches. You can find Manori beach as quiet, calm and serene. The beautiful beach is filled with white sand and shells.
- Manori beach is surrounded by Cashew trees with greenery and one might find it difficult to miss this eye-catching sight.
- Night view at beaches is another form of its attraction where you will enjoy the starry sky along with the cool ocean breeze.
- Rocky hillocks near to the beach give you a perfect site to view the sunset.
- Beaches are accompanied by a number of resorts and guesthouses that add fun and peace to your stay.
- You must try the delicious seafood in one of the restaurants nearby. They have much more to serve you, it includes pork vindaloo and sorpotel, chicken raan, stuffed pomfret, dry Bombay duck chutney, rotis, prawns chilly fry and fried Bombay duck. These are enough to make you more hungry to try different dishes.
- Other attractions of this place are getting a horse ride for fun, sipping a coconut, sugarcane or palm juice from the nearby vendors.
The following are the nearby attractions that you must visit to make your trip more fun.
- Gorai beach
- Marve beach
- Uttan beach
- The Shiva Temple
- Samudreshwar Temple- It is a small delightful temple dedicated to lord Shiva. It is located right at the entry of the Marve-Manori jetty.
- The Global Vipassana Pagoda- It is one of the largest hollow stone structures of the world with relics of Buddha. It is just 7.4 km away from Manori.
- Essel world and Water Kingdom- It is good option to enjoy the thrilling rides and games this Amusement park offers. And it is at the distance of 7.2 km from Manori.
- The ashrams of Nath Sampradaya- Swami Gagangiri Maharaj- There are two beautiful ashrams led by Swami Gagangiri Maharaj and his disciple Swami Gagananand Maharaj which is located 1.3 km away from Manori beach.