Vikramgad is a small town located 80 km away from Mumbai city, that gives a refreshing escape from the hustle-bustle city life. When you are approaching Jawhar from Manor on the road, this town can be spotted. It is popular for its Tarpa, a form of dance that is profoundly performed on several occasions. The origins of Warli Paints are found in this immense verdure and filled with flora and fauna- Vikramgad. This town has a lot of things to serve you. The atmosphere after the monsoon gives you the comeliness of lavish greens surrounds the area.
The word ‘Warli’ means a piece of land and the origin of Warli paintings are approximately estimated as early as 10th century AD. They are primarily done by women in the Warli tribe. The depicts of these paintings were largely found in various locations in Maharashtra including Vikramgad of Palghar. Warli paintings are an integral part of tribal existence and are a symbol of cultural uniqueness and glorified inheritance.
As Vikramgad is located in the Palghar district of Maharashtra, it derives its cultural distinctiveness from Maharashtra. People here are mostly Hindu along with Christian, Muslim and other religions. The language has primarily been spoken is Marathi. Vikramgad is known to be the home for Tribal community Warli. Thus, along with Warli paintings, Tarpa Dance is another form of art that is brought up by the people here. They consider the dance to be the form of joy and love for farming and harvesting. The place has the spicy blend in its cuisine that is typically Maharashtrian pattern. It includes mainly Misal Pav and Vada pav.
FUN THINGS TO DO AT VIKRAMGAD
Vikramgad is a fun-oriented and adventurous land. You can explore more of it when you visit the place after the monsoon showering. Trekking, hiking, rappelling and wall climbing are commonly seen ways of convivial activities. Apart from these, people also come here to delve into nature by Kayaking, Barbeque, Fishing, and nature walk.
- Pilucha Dhabdhaba, a waterfall with its grace attracting the travelers is located in Vikramgad. During the monsoon it comes live becomes a great spot to mellow your feet.
- Another attraction one can find in the town is Jai Vilas Palace built by the Raje Yashwantrao Mukne. It is a must visit spot as it is going to astound you with its beauty.
- Along with these, you can try the specialty food of Vikramgad that is typically a Maharashtrian cuisine from any of the restaurants or shops nearby.
- Madpan View Point- Vandari Lake viewpoint is a popular point from Madpan is a popular attraction near Vikramgad.
- Tadbhar Pani Waterfall
- Dabhosa Waterfall- Coming lively during monsoon, this serves as a great refreshing part of the city.
- Veermata Jeejabai Bhosle Udyan- It is a renowned spot of attraction of entire
- Mumbai city, a perfect place to spend time with your family and friends.
- Jivdhani Mata Mandir- Located to the top of the hill at Virar, this temple is a means to seek blessings of Goddess Jivdhani Mata.
- Ayare Park
- Sajan Dam
- Kohoj Fort- The fort can be reached from Vaghote village on Palghar-Wada road.