If you are a music lover then Ziro valley music festival will be a heaven for you, just imagine how it will feel to “FEEL” that loud and soothing music in a green valley under the sky and some cool breezes with lots of other people jumping on the beats and waving their hands on the distortion of electric guitars.
You can attend this festival with your friends or you can go solo no matter what you will end up making some new friends. People of Apatani tribe are very humble, generous and interesting, you will definitely get along with them and of course, that vast crowd will fill the charge inside you.
This music festival is outdoor and represents various talented music artists to give a whole new experience to the audience. It is a mixture of music, art, and culture. You guys will get accommodation on the campus near the venue so that can you can meet up with your favorite artists.
About Ziro Music Festival
Ziro Valley is located in the Lower Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh where this music festival held for 3-4 days. Ziro Music festival was started in 2012 by Bobby Hano and Anup Kutty. It is hosted by Apatani Tribe of Ziro. It has many great Indie artists like Lou Majaw, Indus Creed, Menwhopause, Steve Shelly, etc. Interestingly, this site is also tagged as a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
Beautiful Photos Captured at Ziro Music Festival
How to reach the Ziro valley?
It is not much difficult to reach Ziro valley, basically, there are three ways by which you can get there easily. As the music festival is on so you may also encounter many mates who are also going to attend this musical valley.
Following are the ways you by which you can easily reach Ziro Valley:
Via Train – You have two options if you want to reach Ziro valley via train. Either you can choose Naharlagun (100 Km) railway station or North Lakhimpur (117 Km) railway station to reach Ziro Valley. From New Delhi to Naharlagun the train service is once a week whereas intercity train runs regularly from Guwahati.
Via Road – Direct buses are available from Itanagar, Guwahati and North Lakhimpur to Ziro valley. These buses are operated by Arunachal Pradesh Road Transport Corporation and run four times a week. You can also reach Ziro Valley by taking a shared taxi from North Lakhimpur or Itanagar.
Via Air – Jorhat airport is the nearest airport to Ziro valley, you can also reach there by reaching Tezpur but there is no direct flight. If you are a foreigner then you should reach Guwahati international airport and from there take a cab towards Ziro valley it will be a more comfortable option for you.
I will suggest you reach Ziro Valley via Guwahati whichever mode of transport you choose, as lot many people will prefer to travel Guwahati to reach the valley and you will also make some new friends in the journey. It may be long but it is comfortable enough.
Here is the map for your help:
Official Formalities for Entry
Arunachal Pradesh comes under the restricted area so you will have to obtain a permit to enter the state. These Permits are of two types:
1. Inline Permit – If you are an Indian Citizen and reside in any state other than Arunachal Pradesh then you will need to obtain Inline permit to enter Arunachal Pradesh so that you can attend Ziro Music Festival. You can obtain it online by visiting Arunachal Pradesh ILP website or you can also acquire it from the Government office of Arunachal Pradesh in Delhi, Kolkata, Shillong, Tezpur, Guwahati, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, and Dibrugarh.
2. Protected Area Permit – If you are not an Indian Citizen then you will need to obtain PAP or Protected Area Permit to enter Arunachal Pradesh to attend Ziro Music Festival 2019. Protected Area Permit can be obtained from All Foreigners Regional Registration Officers at Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai. You can also acquire it from the Chief Immigration Officer at the Chennai or from the Home Commissioner of the Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
Read More about this Ziro Music Festival here
Venue – Ziro Valley, Arunachal Pradesh
Host – Members of Apatani Tribe in Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh
Start Date – 27 September 2019 (Thursday)
End Date – 30 September 2019 (Sunday)
Stay – Accommodation is available in the lodges and homestays at a few distances from the venue. You can also stay in the tents at the festival ground at Hapoli.
Tickets – The tickets are available on the official website of Ziro Music festival at 5000 INR
ZFM 2019 EARLY BIRD: FOUR DAY FESTIVAL PASS: BOOK NOW
Only Camping – Dome Tents
3 Nights – Sharing – Rs.5800, Non – Sharing – 9950
4 Nights – Sharing – Rs.7100, Non – Sharing – 12000
5 Nights – Sharing – Rs.8100, Non – Sharing – 13450
Carefree Package – Camping Includes Breakfast & Dinner, ILP, Festival Pass, Naharlagun Transfers
4 nights – Rs.15800 / person
5 nights – Rs.16900 / person
There are many more packages available for the Ziro valley music festival you can also ask them for any modifications.
- Book your tickets in advance.
- If you want to resell your ticket then you can consult the ZFM team management.
- If you are an artist and you want to perform then send your profiles to the concerned authorities.
- Do not carry alcohol inside the venue as they are available there.
- As the ongoing season is monsoon, you should carry raincoat and gumboots.
- Obtain Inline Permit (ILP) or Protected Area Permit (PAP) on time.
- Try the famous Aping Beer.
To collect your passes as soon as possible and experience the magical aura with the music and splendid scenario. Besides this music festival there are lot many things you can do in the Ziro valley, so if you are coming to Ziro Valley then make it a one “TIME” investment and give yourself enough time to explore this valley for a one “TIME” experience.
Green valley – 2 stages – 40 artists – 6000 attendees – Crowd & You
Are you Guys ready to experience the most beautiful musical eve?
Featured Image source: Instagram/mohit.concertphotography