The Tulip Garden, also known as the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden spread over an area of about 30 hectares. This Tulip garden is Asia’s largest tulip garden which is located in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir, India. Previously, this garden was named Model Floriculture Center.
The tulip garden is located on the foothills of the Zabarwan Range. You can see the beauty of Dal Lake from here. This garden was inaugurated in 2007 to boost floriculture and tourism in Kashmir Valley. This beautiful tulip garden in India is built on a slanted field in a terraced fashion which consists of seven terraces. This gives it a beautiful look.
There are many other species of flowers like hyacinths, daffodils, and ranunculus apart from tulips. The garden looks like it has a hundred colors of flowers’ carpet lying on the earth. One could see millions of tulip bulbs, blooming every year in Spring here.
Tulip Festival in Kashmir:
The Tulip Festival is an annual celebration that is celebrated every year during the spring season in the Kashmir Valley. This Tulip Fest has a wide range of flowers in the Tulip Garden. This is an effort by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir to increase tourism.
This Tulip garden has sixty (60) types of tulips that are planted in such a way that they form a beautiful carpet of hundreds of colors. This beautiful view attracts thousands of tourists from both national and international every year in Spring.
Tulip Festival 2023 is a must-go event if you are a true flower enthusiast and nature lover. If you are living in India or anywhere on the earth and you haven’t seen the tulip till now, then go to the tulip festival in Jammu and Kashmir. There are several species of tulip flowers. Here is the list of some main attractions in Tulips during this festival:
- Standard Tulips: You can find this Tulip anywhere. These are the common tulips that you can also find in any florist shop or local garden.
- Double Bloom: The double bloom has many layers instead of a single petal-like in a standard tulip.
- Parrot Tulips: They appear as tangled petals in many colors portraying the feathers of a tropical parrot.
- Fringed Tulips: The edges and shapes of these tulips are frilly and fringed.
- Bi-Color Standard Tulips: They have different colors in a single tulip.
- Rembrandt: It is named after Rembrandt van Rijn who was a master of light and shadow. Rembrandt’s tulip flowers look like painterly strokes of red or yellow on a tall tulip.
- Fosteriana Tulips: These are wild species found in the mountainous areas of Central Asia. They have height and have pretty buds compared to the standard tulip.
- Lily-Flowering Tulips: These tulip flowers have long pointed petals with an arch at the tips. They bloom in mid and late spring.
- Single Late Tulips: Stunning cup-shaped tulips with the widest range of colors.
- Triumph: A wide range of shades, splendid tones, and bi-colors are the characteristic features of these tulips.
Dates Of Kashmir Tulip Festival:
The Tulip Festival is hosted in Kashmir Valley during the onset of the Spring Season every year. The main dates of the Tulip Festival, Kashmir 2023 are from April 3rd to April 20th. The garden will open every day means 7 days a week 7:00 am to 7:30 pm.
The Kashmir Tulip Festival is celebrated in the month of April every year. So, you can plan this trip any time in the month of April.
This year, the Tulip Festival in Jammu and Kashmir has added a variety of new tulip species to its display, along with expanding the garden to accommodate over 1.5 million tulip flowers for the 2023 festival.
How to reach the tulip garden in Srinagar?
The Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden is easily accessible by road, Air, and railway route.
Srinagar has Sheikh ul Alam Airport, which is an international airport. The tulip garden is just 15 km away from the center of the city and 22 Km from Sheikh ul Alam International Airport Srinagar. You can hire a cab/taxi to reach the venue of the Tulip Festival 2023 in India directly from the airport.
There are buses that connect to the garden at minimal rates. This tulip garden is 8 Km from Lalchowk Srinagar.
The tulip garden in Srinagar is just 18 km from Srinagar Railway Station. From here, you can take a taxi or bus to the tulip garden.
Timing and Entry Fee:
The tulip garden will open from 7 Am to 7:30 Pm every day for visitors in the month of April. Kashmir Tulip Festival is celebrated for 20 days when the tulips and other flowers are in full bloom in the Garden.
- Entry Fee: INR 25 (For Children), INR 50 (For Adults)
- Timings: 7:00 am to 7:30 pm 7 days a week
- Address: Jammu and Kashmir, Cheshma Shahi Road, Rainawari, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
Other Details About The Tulip Festival in India
The tulip garden authorities have introduced surplus facilities like free Wi-Fi, additional fountains, washrooms (separately for disabled people), and drinking points for visitors.
Plants like Daffodils, Hyacinths, Narcissus, and a few other ornamental plants are planted in the garden to decorate the area. This will give a beautiful look to the garden and also give Insta-worthy pics to visitors.
You can also enjoy local shopping and food items during this tulip festival. The authorities are allowing decorated stalls to put up displaying souvenirs, Kashmiri food, and handicrafts for visitors to enjoy outside the garden area.
If you are worried about the temperature during the tulip festival then no need to worry. The temperature at the Tulip Garden festival remains below 20 degrees centigrade as this festival is extended accordingly.
Read More, List of Best flower festivals in the world
This is the complete guide to go Tulip Festival in Kashmir, India. Do explore this tulip garden in India once in your life if you are a nature lover.
Tulip festival Kashmir 2023 Tour Package
Sticholidays Kashmir tour Package
Traveltriangle Tulip Festival Delight
Yatra Kashmir Leisure Package
Thomascook Tulip Festival In Kashmir Package